Sunday, August 8, 2010

Failures are Temporary ,so is depression

Failure and depression both have a vice versa relation. Failure results in depression and depression results in failure. We all have to face a very bleak situation in some time. Few months back I was also entangled in the cobwebs of depression. Those were very bleak days in which none of the beautiful things of life seemed to give any kind of tranquility to me. And its not the story of only me. From a school student to a young one struggling for job. From a tired engineer to an exhausted doctor . From a busy professor to a puzzled housewife. All of us are getting crushed in this fast running life. Our legs cramped while running in this rat race but we wished to continue and we are compelled by expectations of other and of ourselves. Back in those days I had written a poem to describe my present condition and to haunt me so that I can continue to run in the race. Even this poem was written in overconfidence as I was expecting the contrast situation to happen but a part of my mind was knowing that it might ultimately become true and so it became

खुली आँखे तो सामने पायी दुनिया अलग
न कुछ बदला, पर सब था अलग
मै भी वही, सब भी वही
लगा पर सब नही जैसे पहले
सोचा हुँ किसी और जग मे कही
लग रहे सभी बदले-बदले
नीला प्रकाशित आसमान, देता था जो उत्साह
आज प्रतित हो रहा काला गहरा स्याह
मंद-मंद पवन जो ऊर्जा थी देती
आज तुफान के थपेड़ो सी प्रतित होती
कल-कल बहता पानी था जो गतिमान
लगा आज थमा सा, बिल्कुल बेजान
बढा आगे फ़िर दिखे चेहरे जाने पहचाने
आया जितने पास लगे और वे अनजाने
हुआ महसूस फ़िर वे तो वहीं है ठहरे
मेरी ही झुकी हुई है नजरे
न है उनकी नजरो मे मेरे लिये मान
क्योंकि लुप्त है मेरा निज स्वाभिमान
तीक्ष्ण नजरों के कटाक्षो और व्यंग्य बाणो के खिलाफ़
न थी मेरे पास कोई साहस की ढाल
क्योंकि था जब मेरे पास सबसे बड़ा हथियार
होता अचूक जिसका हर वार
वक्त जिसका मूल्य न मैने जाना
करता उपयोग तो था पाना ही पाना
पर उसी वक्त का हुआ मुझ पर वार
मिला न अवसर कैसे करू फ़िर प्रतिवार
गया मै वही जा ठहर
होती गयी दुर मंजिल हर पहर
आज हुँ खड़ा उसी पथ पर
किया शुरु जहाँ से सफर
सोचा था चलूँगा मै अकेला
पीछे कारवा बनता चलेगा
पर रह गया मै पीछे
कारवा बना और बढता चला गया
आज इस मोड़ पर सफ़र के
दिखे कुछ न आगे न पीछे
है पछतावा आँसू है है अंधियारा
बढ रहा निराधार, सामने अंध गलियारा
आज याद आता हर वो क्षण
जो बहाया पनी के जैसा
निकलता पानी नैनो से अब हर क्षण
पर जो बोया पाय भी वैसा
जिंदगी बस एक औपचारिकता महज
होगा कुछ न अब सरल सुगम सहज
रोज उठ कर सूरज के साथ
श्याम ढले ढ्ल जाता हुँ मै
अपनी ही राख से उभरकर
रोज पुनः जल जाता हुँ मै

Few days back I met the ultimate failure of my life. I was imagining this kind of life from my childhood that what if I failed . What kind of life it would be. There will be no support from any one. I would be discarded and no one will pay any heed to me. But when this eventually became true. The situation was not as I had expected. Nothing had changed. Although I faced some hard criticism from my family and some of the people having profit/loss philosophy disrespected and demoralized me a lot. But the main thing was that I wasn't broken. I revived my enthusiasm and zest back. Failures are always temporary. And in some part of your life you really need them. Had I been not failed , I will remain arrogant and over confident but one failure put me back to the basics. I introspect a lot and came out as a much better and strong person. Written a poem in those days to keep moving ....

निकला था जब डगर पर
द्र्ढनिश्चय और विजय की प्रतिज्ञा कर
आत्मविश्वास और इच्छाशक्ति से सुस्जित
जिगर मजबूत,मन तैयार करने जीत सुनिश्चित

राह के मध्य ही लड़खड़ाये कदम
थमे पग लगे सब छ्द्म्म
बीच मझदार ही अटकी नैया
दिखे न साहिल, क्या करे खैवय्या

तपे तन, मायूस मन गया चैन
घबराया दिल, दिमाग सुन्न, अश्रुपर्वित नैन
बीच राह ही छोड़ी आशा
मन मस्तिष्क चहु और निराशा

सोचा फ़िर हारने से पहले ही
क्यो मान लूँ हार
है जान जब जिगर में
करता रहुँ तब तक वार

ना पलट सकता अब मैं
सफ़र के इस मोड पर
क्यों ना लगा दू पुरी ताकत
शायद पहुँच जाउँ उस छोर पर

बीच में भागने पर क्या मिलेगा
लो ठान तो पहाड़ भी हिलेगा
हारने से तो अच्छा कोशिश करना
पहले ही क्या हार से डरना

क्यो न भीड़ जाऊँ पुनः जीजान से
क्यो न जुट जाऊँ पुन: ठान के
क्यों न करु कोशिश सच्चे मन से
क्यो न चलू पुनः खुद की ताकत जान के

बढाये पग जैसे ही कुछ दुर
लौट आया चेहरे का नूर
दिखी मंजिल चंद कदमो पर
झूम उठा शरीर का अंग हर

पहुँचा जब अपने गंतव्य
लगा सफ़र ही था भव्य
सिखा दोबारा उठना , चलना और लड़ना
और धारा के विपरीत बहना

So people each time you failed and decided to quit, just think once you can be very near. May be you have dug 10 km and then decided to quit with gold only few meters away. Just remember your first bicycle ride. You fall many time. Many a time you decided to quit. Many wounds and injuries keep on motivating you to command a bicycle and eventually you ride on the track of success and satisfaction.

बार-बार उभर में पुनः जला
बार-बार जल मे पुनः उभरा
हैरान खुदा भी पुछ बैठा
क्या है मेरी रजा

1 comment:

Abhi said...

I am speechless... The first poem made me think this is me.. Its my story... Bt wen i moved to the next thr was a chill running down my spine.. I dont know if it were those strong words which seemed to motivate me or made feel helpless as i could never have that in me .. Perhaps its like my both legs are amputed and however i try i could never try riding a bicycle.