Thursday, November 4, 2010

Stop forwarding sardar jokes..........

Diwali holidays….. The road becomes long and time very slow. I wanted to rush to my home as fast as I can but as it happens with me always, no bus or van was coming so I had to wait. Lots of autos were buzzing around me but as I’m not a part of VIP league I had to wait for the public transport. Suddenly an auto having an SARDAR driver came near me and asked where I had to go. I told him the destination and asked for the prize just for time pass. He said “give me only 5rs”. Perhaps he was returning to his home and hence he charged very low but the thing which impressed me about him was his talking accent and demeanor. He was very calm and polite and well mannered which usually the driver lacks. A strange respect I was developing for him suddenly the most disturbing instrument my cell phone cried again and it was a sardar joke. For the first time I didn’t laugh, instead I was feeling guilty.

The incident that opened my eye made me realize that it can happen only in India that we disrespect the most patriotic and self respected class of people. There is no point in spreading, forwarding and laughing on sardar jokes as they are one of the most developed and successful class in society. They dominate on entire market, run huge business and hotels all over the world. But spreading sardar jokes become more shameful act when we see the number of sardars in our military. Lots of sardar still joins our military to serve the nation and leave many glamorous careers which we common people can’t even dare. As kiran kher quote in ‘rang de basanti ‘ film “ punjab mein to har ma apne ek bete ko sena mein bhejti hai “. It’s a typical example of internal backstabbing where we weak our own pillar by disrespecting them.

I had read an extract few years back that once some students were traveling in a taxi. The driver was an old sardar. They started cracking sardar jokes to bully him but he stayed calm through out the journey. When they were paying him, he gave them a 1rs coin and said “ I listened all the jokes you were cracking on my community and I had a small task for you. Give this coin to any sardar beggar you encounter in this country”. 12 years has passed and that guy still has that coin which makes him feel guilty daily. The incident shocked me. Ohhh its amazingly true, sardars works on dhabas, drive trucks or any other vehicle , open some garage or repair shop but they never beg. I have heard that those who are unable are being feed by gurudwara’s where as in hindu community begging is a standardized profession. Lots of people physically and mentally fit still rely on others help as they are lazy and lack both self respect and well power.

I recently came to know about the real reason behind calling " sardar ji 12 baj gaye ". I don't know it is true or not but read somewhere that sikh dharam was protector of hindu religion and they used to attack mougles and other anti hindu communities at 12 o clock to save hindu women and treasure. So all hindus used to contact sikh army to save them and they usually attack at 12 O clock. Later some anti sikhs spread these words to tease them and we still promote the trend. So every time U said that u are calling for help to sardars but still it hurts them so please refrain from such acts.

So people don’t injure your own heart.. Bramhins never tolerate when they are called “ muft ka khane wale “ nor do baniyas when they are called miser. So it’s my request to all readers that don’t spread sardar jokes and messages and modify the content before forwarding it.

3 comments:

Kshitij Joshi said...

Awesum mayank hats off m wid u..manchrian kha rhe the apan us din se maine srdar jokes padna aur frwrd krna band kr diye the..nic msg thru ur post..gud wishes from me kuc to accha kam krta hai tu hehhe..kiddin'..

Mayank Sharma said...

:) thx for d appreciation my rival :P :P

Kshitij Joshi said...

Damn..!!U think m rival..think as u wish..best luck..!!