Sunday, June 13, 2010

Agle Janam Mohe ST/SC Hi Kijo

First of all I want to clear all the readers belonging to the particular mentioned category that i have no intentions of offending them or their caste . I just want to express my views on this highly sensitive topic . As this continues to influence the shaping of our country and right now we are not developing up to over full potential due to this dirty politics.
I remembered when I was in 1st or 2nd standard some students of class were always called of and they were given some kind of scholarship . In later classes I got to know about that those students belong to some lower caste . But what does a lower caste means . I never understand this term . Their family were 10 times more richer than mine . Whatever it was my childhood so I didn't give much heed to this topic . Later when my sister was giving her medical entrance exam . I came to know about all this stuff . That some ( really some ? ) college seats were reserved for them . That time daily my sister and her other friends do vehement discussion on this so I build a strong -ve impression for reservation . When I reached some higher classes I started doing strong oppose to each and every topic related with reservation . When the OBC reservation bill in the IITs was passed and soon the strikes and strong opposition started all over the country . I also thought to do something so I wrote a poem. I was around 14 that time so immaturity is reflecting in this poem but anyways I still like it .

जब से लगा है आरक्षण
डरने लगे है हम हर क्षण
क्या होगा अब हमारा
नहीं दे पायेंगे परीक्षा दोबारा
नहीं होगा कभी हमारा सिलेक्शन
क्या होगा चयनित पिछड़ों का रिऐक्शन
विधाता को हम है धिक्कारते
काश हरिजन परिवार में पैदा होते
क्या मिला हमें ब्राह्मण बनकर
पिछड़ों से भी पीछे होकर
एक लड़का जिसका पिता हैं सामान्य गरीब किसान
उसका चयन नहीं अब आसान
किंतु पीडी दर पीडी एक पिछड़ा परिवार
चयनित होकर करता उनके सपने साकार
धन्य है हमारे वर्तमान नेता
काट रहें रोज एक फ़ीता
कर रहे है देश का विकास
सामाजिक समानता है एक बकवास
लेकिन हमारा भी दिन आयेगा
जब भविष्य में आरक्षण हमें दिया जायेगा ॥

I can't blame Ambedkar Sahab as he was right in his perspective and he decided the reservation only for ST and SC and only for 10 years . But later selfish politicians changed all and we are still paying for it for an indefinite period . Our country was just heeling from Gurjar's wounds whom for their selfish demands destroyed many government properties and due to which many passengers of indian railways have to face several problems . And today the Jat's stopped the water supply of Delhi for the same greed . It will encourage all the other castes also to do the same . Why don't the government just divide all the jobs and seats of colleges among diff castes . 5% for bramhins , 5 for Rajputs etc etc . Our present regional parties are demanding caste based census for the same greed . It will continue dividing society . We all are envy of our lower castes friend because they have to pay no college fee , they have to study less and still get into colleges . But how could a doctor treat patient well if he is not capable of ? How will a bridge of less capable engineer resist from being collapsing ? Those lower caste people which are in much strong position still seizes the right of those for whom the reservation is actually meant . They don't let them rise and neither they are willing to . Bach when I was 12 years old I have done a survey in one particular dalit area . One house was having a bike and DVD player still they told their monthly income 400rs per month .They thought they will be given further benefits by telling this wrong info. Just Imagine . They said that they wish their children should do the same work and they don't wish them to rise higher . For this problem creamy layer was introduced but look at its limit 4.5 lakh p.a. Almost all government employee are under it and they enjoys its benefit . At the present political scenario I don't see any hope to cure this problem . Only the educated youth of reserved category can solve it if they are willing to do . But I don't think they will do . Why one want to struck on his own leg with an axe . I don't want to born as an ST/SC because I want reservation benefits but I will still live as a general candidate and show the world that don't seize others rights and stop this dirty politics . Hats off to them which do this kinds of stuff .

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand your agony but you have left the another dimension of it. The points that you have raised are very apt but you should come with some solution.

Mayank Sharma said...

I don't want to make the post lengthy still I have many topics left but i'll surely cover them in next posts

Anonymous said...

You gave legs to my thoughts.

AKSH said...

Very Nice thoughts..I think the solution lies in the educated classes to continue excelling in their chosen areas..there is no substitute for excellence.As far as reserved quota is concerned..be rest assured it will die it's own death in the next 50 years...Two reasons..One the new generation of SC/ St's have also started realising that it's an undue advantage and as long as they take it's refuge they will not be fully accepted as normal citizens and shall have limited acceptance in wider society...Secondly..with more and more privatisation..the lucrative careers are in the private sector..Govt./PSU's will be extint in times to come and no matter what dirty politics politicians play,they will not be able to force reservations on the private sector...and even the sc/st categories have to peform in pvt.sector if they wish to get ahead...

Silane from goiit said...

Man you just threw some salt over my wounds.....This reservation is a damn thing...If at some point in life i will be some1 successful, I will definately do my best to throw this system to the hell......

J said...

I constrain myself to comment anything on the issue.
However,
On the writing style, I must say Mayank, it is quite upbeat, clear and frank.
You have not forsaken clarity for the sake of brevity.
Good to see that.
I just feel that better punctuation and effective paragraph management would add (& highlight) the flair that you have in your writing
Though, if you're mentioning a casual offhand topic like college-life, love-affairs and stuff, then its acceptable to break a rule or two of grammer ;)
Best wishes
J

Unknown said...

1. Economic survey of already benefitted people should be done.

2. Reservation should be given to only one generation in a family.

3. Economically weaker general category people should be given all facilities such as those given to reserved category candidates.

4. Instead of giving exemption in cutoff marks, raise their level by providing better facilities to them.

Do it or head towards a doom!!��