Friday, September 10, 2010

Having no talent is also a talent.....

इस जटिल जीवन में
हर हुनर के कद्रदान है
पर बिन हुनर के जीना भी
क्या किसी हुनर से कम है

“So what talent do you have “.

This question always confuses me but I have frequent encounter with it again and again in my life. Is having a talent become necessary in surviving or survival in this complex world is also a talent. All your surroundings have people filled with immense talent both masked and unmasked leading you to feel inferior in your frame of reference. At the same time you are the source of envy to someone else. Talent is never a generalized thing rather it depends more on ones perspective. Talent must be publicized on an apt platform else only negative outcomes will come.

In reference to the question referred above some frequent answer that I have encountered yet are “ ummm can’t say exactly but I can sing well “and a little trailer of his singing will put you in the stage of utter inferiority and envy. “Nothing serious just a few thing I can play on guitar “and then your friend gonna play all the complex tune on guitar which you have liked always and dreamed of playing ones. “talented …. It is your quality yaar I can just do a little dance” and next day the fellow gonna rock the dance floor making you transfixed and stupendous.

Writing , which so far I was considering as a unique quality of mine also betrayed me. Lots of young prodigy having writing skills so better and a very different taste is hovering me now. Some thoughts of highest quality are nourishing in the land of creativity of many of my contemporaries having some aid from their own obstacles and life experiences. The count of multi-talented people is increasing at an alarming rate so that we talentless people are in danger of extinction. We desperately need some reservation help now. Same person is writing poetry simultaneously playing guitar and singing, a rock band in a single entity.

But it all depends on ones perspective how he deals with these new challenges. A record is always meant to be broken so one mustn’t content with his small achievements. Self praising and arrogance are the keys of one’s demise; instead one must be working on his betterment again and again. We can’t run away from this race rather we are compelled to keep on moving again and again. But we must felt privileged that every step is a lesson in this race and learning never stops here. To have a different persona in the mob we have to reframe ourselves enhancing our unique and different qualities or sowing seeds of new ones.

But do make sure not to cover yourself with rust of proud. Keep enhancing you talent thinking you are talentless. Don’t compare instead compete. I stopped feeling inferior after the resolution of upgrading my talents i.e. writing instead of poking my nose in someone else’s talent. I stopped imagining myself with all the talents of sachin,Jackson,ronaldo, amitabh and others. I’m myself in a single frame of reference and I do not have to change myself for a pseudo impression on anyone else’s. A mirror can judge me best so no need of limiting myself and judging from others criteria. So those people having lots and lots of talent here I am bragging that I have the most unique talent that is a null talent coz I haven’t any perfection in any talent but always in a constant up gradation process.

4 comments:

sirabhinavjain said...

The gist of this write up is not to under estimate ourselves but to enhance our inbuilt qualities and just explore it in the best possible manner....coz everyone is unique,all we can do is just take things positively and then sky is the limit.....

Mayank Sharma said...

u interpreted the content correctly :)

Parthiv Patel said...

Betelal. In compare of past blogs this one is bit compact, which is nice thing rather then making it boring by writing whole essay. Its one improvement. In this blog you made your point out. Though you were scattered. EK SUTRATA nahi lagi.

Don't ask me how and why ? Read it carefully you will get what I mean to say.

Though it is nice.

Mayank Sharma said...

yeah i knw i'm still suffering and struggling to write in a rhythmic manner and whole content looks very scattered and uncoordinated but i was focusing more on the msg this time as d circumstances that time were compelling me to do so .. i'll try to zip the content with more imagination next time for improvement thx for the review uncle sam .. this kind of suggestion strengthen the pillar gradually and help building a concrete structure