Thursday, September 23, 2010

R you impressed ??

जो न थे वो बनने की चाहत में
क्षणिक प्रभाव की राहत में
शीशा देखा तो चौक उठे
खुद को भुला बैठे खुद की ही चाहत में

“You never get a second chance of making a first impression “

This quote always seems scary to me as it conveys the meaning of giving a concrete impression on any one in the first encounter to mark good prints of yours personality, so that when rescanned the outcomes are clear and positive. But is it always possible to impress someone in the very first meeting? First of all, if the counter person is attractive or talented, in both the case you gradually lose your confidence and fail to act at par with your potential.

Another question which haunts, how should you be packed before representing yourself to the other? Should you act the same way you are or you must modify and mold yourself trying to impress the other one. It was a nice extract of the TV show “ the suite life of zack and cody” that whenever cody tries to talk with a beautiful girl he starts talking peculiar, very long and awkward stuff, stammering and farting. It depicts a much generalized picture of our social life. We are always very shy and don’t know how to communicate and socialize with strangers. Initiation of a talk appears much difficult, same as we keep on gazing our course book for hours before exam but never dare to open it.

But we never focus on the mental trauma of the other person. He is also entangled in the cobwebs of same mental trauma. He also thinks the same. He too is over concerned about his image and the kind of impression being reflected from his demeanor. Barring some over smart, self praising people who keep on shouting and praising themselves, a major portion of the mass faces similar difficulties while talking with strangers.

With the initiation of my college life when I decided to hang my arrogance and attitude and initiate good relation with all, I faced a very queer situation when lots of people started misinterpreting the way I use to act. Some say I have very artificial and fake accent and some other even doubt on my character as I faced some very harsh rebuff. I decided to do a deep introspection and contemplation and came to conclusion that I should act the way I am. There is no point in living a masked life just to please someone. People must learn to accept you the way you are. Some may like you some may not. Its neither a compulsion on any one to praise you nor you can compel them. So choose a group of your matching frequency and enjoy the life at its best, gradually upgrading yourself rather than changing yourself for pseudo impressions.

3 comments:

HowAboutNo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HowAboutNo said...

Good One!!
But why did you leave it in between???
It was such a good piece and u ended it with such a letdown!!!
J

Mayank Sharma said...

I was bit over concerned about the blog length coz all readers have inquired that my blog are very long so I panic in the end and left it a bit incomplete :( .. I'm still suffering to reflect 100% in a zipped manner