Friday, October 22, 2010

Feeling faithless.........

Just opened the new blog post tab and my copy of mid sem of English once again flashed in my mind proudly stamping me as one of the most weak student of English in the whole class. For the first time my hands are trembling before writing a blog post as I have lost a pretty good amount of my confidence and faith. It arises a question mark, to both my literally and creative skills because in the real world people judge you by marks. Marks are the sole criteria of judgment of one's intellectuality, wisdom, potential and skills. But I am now habitual to this situation. It's just a recap of my past flashing again and again. I remember my +2 board result of English. When people who even can't speak in hindi scored much higher than me.

I always object on the reliability of judging one on the criteria of some others limitation. Time is fixed so are the conditions and circumstances yet you want the horse of creativity to fly high with his Pegasus. How can some one roam freely with a tight knot in his neck. All we can do is flail helplessly for breathe in spite of having ample amount of air around us.

One my visualize at present me as a frustrated guy just crying through out his life and hiding his failure by giving futile and vague excuses and to some extent this is correct also. But then also I don't find any logic in this kind of marking system. Students must be judged on their overall performance through out the year and time to time their knowledge level should be checked instead of limiting it to just a 3 hour test. It has created a new category of students which now constitutes the majority.

The last night learners who do not even know what the syllabus is one day before. Do all sort of "JUGAAD" in between, rely on mobile and coffee to wake a night before the exam and some how cross the boundary line with a proud face and broad chest bragging " abe tu to rahne de .... maine bas ek raat pahle padha tha aur dekh itne le aaya jis din shuru se padhunga us din na jaane kya kar dunga". And unfortunately I belong to the same last night mugger category but some how getting off the track and screwing the paper badly at the spot for last 2 years. But before all the bookish positive people started boasting and preaching me knowledge of hard work and optimism I myself declare that I am in a committed relation with study from now onwards but don't know till when......

2 comments:

pradyumna said...

bhai, you are right but at one point iam not clear, you said we should be judged by our year long performance .let me give an example of indian cricket team. they do hard work daily but there performance can be judged on a single day that is the day of playing game , which is equivalent to the day of our exam. we have to prove ourself on that day not on any other day and there are regular tests in our college so we can check our performance easily.
but in college life nobody is serious in 1st year so why are so worrying ? we will prove ourself one day yar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"some net practice is required"

Mayank Sharma said...

how can you compare cricket and study as a single thing ..... cricketers are designed to test their skills and use your full potential at a single day .... study is more dynamic and complex process ... we don't play for our nations pride but we study for ourself + have you seen any cricketer suiciding .... i just want you to study little bit about US examination pattern .... you will get a clear idea of what I wanted to convey by our all assignment ... our mid sems are farzi as their marks never count but in US there is step by step student assessment and his true potential is not decided by a single day