Sunday, July 25, 2010

First step in the hell.....

In our physics HOD's words " you are living in a hell , firstly how early you try to wake still your timetable gets screwed in the beginning of the morning and you wake up very late, you are supplied with a non sense and trash breakfast which hardly you can eat even half. Then you come at the corridor where that frustrated and very sad person keep on shouting " sirf ek hi lena " or " koi bhi do nahi lega " and you are mumbling " sala ek bhi kis se hota hai jo 2 le " then you some how make place at a desk of 3 on which 4 are already seating . Whole the lecture goes above your head but still show how you face it daily then return for the trash food which puzzle you to find what are you eating. You are tired and wants to sleep but you have lots of homework and above all your landlord will always be shouting " shut the cooler , shut the fan , don't open the fridge , don't open my water purifier". So make full use of this hell.

Kota always fascinated me from childhood. Only the genius of the students go there for competitive preparation and emerge out as victors. After each exams results the news papers are flooded with the achievements of kota's cram schools and the quantity is more than enough to impress you. I also had plans of migrating to kota after 10th class but mom's emotional atyachaar ceased my idea. Meanwhile I was enjoying the stories of some fellows which went there and lost their track, started drinking and drugs and selling their bicycles for money. But when I had to take a drop I decided to migrate there for getting an upper hand on others.Although my soul keep on telling me that I must stay here and prepare on my own because I was not able to cope with any of coaching pressure till now. But still I got carried away and left my conscience behind and followed what the mob was doing.

I got a direct entry into bansal with a scholarship of 16k rs and was picked up for X series batch which were supplied with the best faculty. Before going there I had listened a lot about how most of the good faculties of bansal had left the institution and now nothing is left there. Then also only the name bansal was enough and I dropped the idea of joining the institution of those faculties which had left. But my confidence had loosened up when I came to know that bansal is really having some serious faculty problems as more than 25 of their best faculty had left the building.

I reached there at 9 June and was worried how will I search a good room but all of this become very easy as at each house there was a board of 'TO LET FOR STUDENTS'. We just have to inquired about it and this was one of the funniest and interesting experience of my life. We started from vigyan nagar the most popular area of kota. The first house we went was of a retired principle. She was well experienced in " murge phasana ". She was telling that she had also lived in ujjain once a time. The rooms were very tiny and there condition was also pathetic. She was bragging that a son of some collector of bihar is also living here. I heard this statement from many other peoples also I don't know how many collectors are in bihar and why all of their's sons are studying for IIT at kota at the same time. The room rent was 3500 with extra electricity charges. I was shocked hearing such a huge prices because at ujjain we can get almost double the size of the offered room in around 1000rs.

Anyways She was forcing us to register but I whispered in dad's ear " lets go and check some others we can't take the first one offered". Then we saw many other pathetic rooms with huge price. One funny room of almost 5 by 5 was having an AC and fridge also in it. Dad had set three condition for my room . No hostel , at most 3 students , no bihari must be there. It is well known about bihari student that despite they are very intelligent, their mind is very unstable and they play prank all over to annoy and disturb other. We finally selected a single room. It had sufficient space and no one was there to disturb me.

We decided to shift there on next morning but my sister said we should inquire for more rooms for enjoyment. We started searching in the area most near to bansal. Indravihar, I haven't seen such affluent colony in my life. The houses here were very beautiful and looking very expensive. So was the room rent. The rent starts from 5500rs and we had seen some pathetic tiny rooms for 10k also. The hostels were having there price around 6500 to 8500 but they were giving lots of other facilities like they have mess, laundry, television and many other stuff. People were well equipped with emotional arrows like " hum aapke bete ko apna beta samajh kar rakhenge" , " hum iska bahut khyal rakhenge jara si bhi taklif nahi aane denge". We moved to new rajiv gandhi nagar which was a developing colony. Same story was here.

I watched all the rooms except a house which I neglected at the first site. It was not plastered and colored and was looking very 'manhoos' in the first glance. The room next to it was of a school teacher. All the people here used to be middle class people which had bought the plots here and made expensive rooms on home loans. But this is the most smart investment as their loan is paid off in 4/5 years and then they start earning lakhs in a month. The couple looked decent and they were throwing senti arrows on dad. I don't know what the bad luck was but dad got carried away in their talks. I was very much reluctant to join this UP peoples as I was having intuition of their bad spirit. I rebelled that I would not live in this room. First it was expensive 7k per month, second I had to share this room with some one else and I can't tolerate any ones interference in my privacy. But dad some how persuaded me.

We had our lunch there and the food was delicious. I thought it must be a trap. The quality was very nice and even the menu. The landlord was saying this is our normal menu. Dad paid the initial amount and I was not happy because of this. At the very next day we came to that house with all my luggage but the pathetic selfish moron told us that we had to move as he had allotted the room to one of his relative. This was the first disclose of true face of kota to me. Dad became very worried as our luggage was with us and we had no other place to move. Luckily or I must say unfortunately that rejected house had one room left and we moved to there. The room was fine but the house and rent was not. 4500rs seemed huge to me but I consented due to dad's worries. I was reluctant to join those rascals mess but dad was not ready as He was completely trapped in their buttery talks. The mess price was 3000 and they said as we have done wrong with you we will offer you a discount of 500. I was baffled as all the other mess which I inquired were not more then 2000 then all I planned to wait.
The rascals showed there real colors in just third day. For the first two days the food was very delicious and nutritional. It was having lots of green salads and other items were also cooked very well but at the third day we had overcooked chapatis and the rise were uncooked. But till my dad's stay there both the messowner and my landlord were behaving very nice. I was mentally preparing myself for the future tortures that I will be going to suffer from.

2 comments:

bhavya kamboj said...

thanks for giving a clear idea of kota. i am planning to drop a year and yet i am undecided over kota vs delhi(career point or allen VS brilliant)

But somehow I managed to fix my mind to kota(because i've seen delhi and its 100X distracting than anything). Can you recommend a good place to stay with independent(no sharing) food or no food(i can cook) and not too costly

Please help me put because its the last chance i have,

Mayank Sharma said...

Prefer allen ... they have got the best faculty these days ... If you are joining allen then rajeev gadhinagar would be the nearest then there is indra vihar and talwandi and mahawir nagar .... all are well developed areas with good market so you won't have any problem ... you will get single rooms easily there but cooking your own food I won't suggest it as soon you would be panic ... you will get eatable food in these area keep changing mess :) best of luck for your studies .. you can mail me if you need any further help :)