Thursday, July 22, 2010

the judgement day...

Finally the most awaited day of my life arrived. The IIT JEE paper, the day which was hovering my life from the past 2 years. It was here, and I hadn't studied anything from the past 14 days. No preparation at all. Almost 95% syllabus I hadn't any idea about it. I was very reluctant to give the paper as I was very weak that time and could hardly sit at a single place for 6 hours.

But dad encouraged me and I decided to give it a try. Early in the morning I had taken lots of tablets and energy supplement. When I reached there my prediction became right. Lots of nervous and anxious student roaming here and there. Their parents were looking more worried. All of my friends were there and we cherished some past thoughts that proved very helpful in that stage. I was panting and sweating a lot due to those high dose tablets. Finally I entered the room. Pin drop silence was there. All the students were gazing each other like we all were the innocents lambs and soon a butcher will gonna thrash us into pieces.

At 9am, I opened the worlds toughest question paper. But I was baffled when I see that all the question there looked quite familiar. What I had thought that I'll not be able to grasp even a single question and this paper looked of very average level. Lots of questions were based on NCERT level and I was able to attempt a few. Slowly my temperature was rising and I was getting weak. I was having some vision difficulties now and a strange darkness was surrounding me every second. For a change I decided to have a look at the surrounding. All the students there look very baffled and surprised. Some were gazing walls, while some other one were chewing their pencils. A few were trying their level best to understand the questions. Few were taking a light nap and some other were making sketches on bench.

I done more then expected in my first paper. As i had already mentally disqualified I had nothing to loose. After the first paper my temperature had increased to 104 and I was feeling very exhaust. I took the second dose of medicines but at the same time a severe attack of migraine hit me. My butt was paining a lot due to that old and damaged wooden desk. I was struggling a lot to have a mental patience. I was getting dizzy and having difficulty to breadth. I kept my head down and forgot about the paper. Finally the bell rang and we were free. All students were describing others about their experience and abusing the paper. Lots of slang and jokes all around. But I was sad. I had dreamed a lot about this day that how confident and happy I'll come out. I'll enjoy the life after this but now this remained a dream only.

My health continue to go down and just before the AIEEE paper 2 weeks after JEE paper it became the worst. Although I was out of tough from more then 1 month but still there was a faint chance of doing average in AIEEE paper and grab something to save a year. I decided to visit a barber's shop to have a hair cut and shave but when I was returning bleeding started from my nose. My dad was worried and he decided I should not give AIEEE exam as it was in other city and I was not in a state to travel. I never felt that much helplessness in my entire life. I was depressed and all the things seemed dark and bleak. No hope , no energy nothing. I waited for this time through out my life and now it was passing and I was not able to do anything . Neither can I prepare nor I can give the exam . The only thing I had to do was to keep patience and wait and I was doing that only.

No comments: