Monday, July 26, 2010

Getting Started.....

So I had reached the city of muggers in a house which I was discontented to live in. Some construction work was going in the ground floor when I came to know that till last year the land lord used to live here but now he had migrated to a new place. Most of the rooms till then were not filled and only 4 peoples were living at the top floor and 1 bihari boy with his mother which were relatives of our land lord at the ground floor. I had just a few glances to them as all the strangers have at their first encounter but I was knowing soon I'll gonna enjoy my 9 months with there peoples.

When my dad left, the boys there called me for playing football with them. I was happy that they initiated. Then we played chase and ironically in the morning we were not knowing even each others name and in the evening we were discussing personal issues. I had reached 12 days before the commencement of class to get adjusted in the strange environment.Soon the rooms started filling. First a boy from bareli come then 3 from bihar , 2 cousins shifted in ground flour and 1 bihari in a room just in front of my window. Then a boy from Allahabad with his mother.2 aggressive boys from Delhi arrived and finally at last a boy from Indore. With some initial weird look on each other we all on the first floor had started chatting and became very good friends.

We used to wet each other or had some vehement bloody street fights, injuring each other. In the late nights we used to play chess. One match in which a bet of SAMOSA was there continued till 4 am and eventually the best one i.e me won. Soon we started playing prank all around and annoying each other. My initial time table went good as I managed to woke up at 4 am during the first week but then it scattered. Till the parents were coming the mess food was coming OK OK but when all the parents had left they started sending us TRASH daily. Rotten food, it had no taste it was just utter waste. We started relying on the things which our parents had sent .. cookies, grams , biscuits , laddu and other things.

A military boy joined the last room and left soon but in 2 days we traveled a lot with him , me and amar the bareli boy. I was having a good friendship with amar as he had also came very early and we discussed a lot of things and were having some common interest. The first day we were going to bansal amar said " bansalite to ban gaye ab dekhte hai IITian ban pate hai ki nahi". We entered the tOo cOol 8 floored fully ac huge building. I sat on my bench which was declaring a quote written by some one frustrated " bansalite today naxalite tomorrow " mimicking " bansalite today IItian tomorrow".

Soon the room started flooding with students from all around. From the fairest range to the darkest range , from the tallest to the shortest , from the skinny ones to the most obese . Students of all variety from all part of India started sitting on bench with unfamiliar stranger and there was a pin drop silence in the room. Soon our maths teacher manoj bindal arrived and gave a predictable inspirational speech. The only thing I liked is that " you must make friends higher the level of you so that you can rise your level, don't do friendship with people of lower caliber as you have to adjust your level and came down". He said this in perspective of bansal test's rank. Then the physics teacher Rohit Deewan. I enjoyed the first day and due to my newly inculcated zest done all the homework and study work just after returning.

At the second day when I was playing mobile game from long my old eye problem returned. I was horrified again but expecting its disappearance as last time. I didn't panic that much. I started sitting on the third bench for a good vision as first 2 benches were reserved for girls. And due to some misunderstanding I had to sat on last bench on my 2nd day and I was not able to see even a single letter from there. Our first extra class started just 3 days after coaching and we all were not that much happy. But at that time the coaching time was very well 9:30 to 12:45 but after 1st week one parallel class was introduced which hiked the time from 7:45 to 12:45 but it was just official teacher used to live us at 1 or 1:30 and I struggled a lot to walk by foot in that 48 c temperature. Soon I bought a cycle.

The greatest pain in bansal was if you forgot the position of your cycle in the parking. There used to be at least 7500 cycles and the fellow who lost it found very hard to search it. I had seen some students searching their cycle for more then 2 hours checking each and every row. We can misjudge due to lots of same types of cycles there. Meanwhile all of the students of hostel had enjoying abusing the land lord mess owner and bansal. Due to our familiar mental condition we all had came very close to each other and started wasting lots of time in daily gossiping. This is the prime drawback of living in hostel. If some people are gossiping either they disturb you lot by their noises or you also can't resist to join them. Daily wastage of 3 to 4 hours was normal which may rise in some interesting gossips.

No comments: